Wednesday, May 7, 2008

God is amazing

Earlier I posted about a situation where a close friend had been hurt and had cut me out of her life. It was a hard time as I don't like to not be liked. Everyday I had to choose to love her and not hold any grudges it was so hard some days. But I did in faith and prayed for her, never talked to any of the other ladies in the group about what she had done. Never said a bad word against her. Would not allow "justified hurts" as Nancy Missler puts it to take hold of me. (Nancy wrote the study "The way of Agape" which I am doing at the moment with a group of ladies)

Anyway after a few months she came back to playgroup and was so hurt. I kept praying for her and really felt God telling me to email her and welcome her back. I rang one of the pastors wives who also is my friend and ran it by her. So I emailed her and welcomed her back and told her how I loved her and how my heart broke thinking of her etc.... Well after 3 weeks of hearing nothing she came to playgroup said sorry hugged me and was so changed. God's timing is so different to ours. I think it is amazing that as I am doing this study I am also going through what the study is about. Maybe God is trying to teach me something lol:)

It will take a long time to build our relationship back, but we have reconciled so now God can work. I have also learnt a valuable lesson about not confusing the people who you minister to as your only confidants, I will now make sure I have relationships outside my ministry circle if that makes sense.

Now onto the Way of Agape if you have not done this study you, it is one worth doing. I am up to chapter 6 and it is great. Nancy teaches us about God's love and has such insights into it. I am seeing how shallow I am and what I thought I was doing out of Gods love I was doing out of human love. Hummm imagine how affective it would be out of God's love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) Thanks for sharing this Bek, it's so great to know how things turned out...I have been thinking of this since your previous post about it.

And you are so right in how you tackled this...just loving her. Love (through actions and prayer) will always do more for a situation than anything we can say to a person :)

I should check out that study too, sounds interesting! Do you have an online link for it or is it a book I can purchase?