Monday, October 13, 2008

Hurting Children. part 3

This past year I have been so blessed by getting to know so many wonderful children and parents and love how our house is often full of children, some days overflowing lol.

I am more and more aware that everything is a process. God softens our heart, then brings us to a place where we ask the Lord to use us or let us see and then he shows us a situation that has been right under our noses:)

This has just happened to me. Just over a week ago I posted how there are hurting kids in our Church's . In that post I prayed


Father help me to see our Hurting kids
and give me the strength to do something
and to make a difference. Help me to overcome
the fear of man.
Keep me real so I don't miss the signs and my
heart soft so I don't turn a blind eye.
Well the Lord has answered my prayer. (I did not think it would be answered so fast). The Lord spoke to me and showed me that he has given me the gift of relationship with some children and asked me what am I going to do with this gift. I was so challenged and repented for just going on with the flow and not seeing what was really going on. My teacher training was telling me something did not add up but everything from the outside seemed OK. God has since opened my eyes.

Looking back over the last few weeks I can see how all the puzzle pieces have been put into place to bring me to this point where I could give myself over to God ask him to use me in the area of hurting kids and then God show me what he wants me to do. The Lord has also been challenging me on how far I am prepared to go for him. Am I even willing to lay my life down for children that are not my own. He has also shown me that the best way I can love and minister to some mothers is by loving and giving attention to their children. Making sure my motives and all that I do is out of God's love. By letting God's love flow throw me. Without his love it would be impossible to lay my life down daily.

Without him this task would seem so overwhelming and that there is no light at the end of the tunnel but because God is involved I know he has it all worked out and I just have to listen obey and be open.

John 13
34 A new commandment I give unto you,
That ye love one another;
as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples,
if ye have love one to another.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean when you say that the task, without Him would be overwhelming. I know that when God called me to homeschool my children, I was overwhelmed.

But I know that it is only in Him that I am able to do what He has asked me to do.

I ma looking forward to seein how God continues to use you in this situation. xo

Stonefox said...

Isn't it exciting when God gives us a mission and direction? "For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things." He calls, equips, and then gets the glory.

Thanks for visiting my blog and entering the giveaway! Hope you'll be back again!