Saturday, November 15, 2008

Attitude Check

Do you find that when you are sick and tired, it is a time that other things pop up like attitudes, being short with your Children.

I have been struggling with this the last few days. I have been sick with the flu, had to get my daughter ready for her big ballet concert and still do the day to day things. Well I got home last night and the house was a mess. And attitudes like why is it when I am sick the bottom falls out, why this and why that and woe is me. (all in my head of course) Then trying to catch up on a week worth of house work then the kids play up and give attitude, which they are just probably feeding off me.

So I have been re-challenged on why I do things and the state of my heart. So that things don't fester and attitudes take root. Yes we all get sick and we all have lots on our plate and life happens but what happens when we are not at the top of our game. Does our true nature come out. How do we handle this, do we take it to the Lord or does it fester under the surface and then bang things blow up.

Our Children are always watching us, how we handle things greatly impacts of their lives. They follow our example. I want to use these times to teach my Children how to deal with stress and life God's way, and have him the center of my life. Sure I will make mistakes and blow it but by being honest and open and teaching my Children how to go to God, repent and move on is worth more than giving them the latest toys or gadget. It is giving them life skills that they will take with them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I struggle with my attitude too! Our children are always watching aren't they? Thanks for the reminder.

See you next week! <3

Unknown said...

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I appreciate you sharing!
God Bless!