Monday, June 30, 2008

Mums I need your help

I wrote earlier about my passion for mums and the messages society is telling us. (Click here to read that post). I am curious if any of you out there feel this and do you think there is enough support from the Church and from other christian ladies for mums?

The last church I was in I felt very isolated, there was no support in place. I had just had my first child and would go from Sunday to Sunday and not see anyone, I was not the only new mum who felt this isolation. We had home group every 2nd week and that was it. I now am really aware of this and want to reach out to mums and support them even if I am just an ear to hear about their day or what their little one did.

I would like to hear from mums and learn what you need or would like to know about. Why type of support did you get and was it helpful. Would a course or a book before you had you babies have helped where you could learn things like time management, how to maintain a relationship with the Lord once you have children, how to spend quality time with your husband once the baby/s arrive.

My heart is to hear and learn from you, what I might think is useful or needed maybe not what someone else needs.

You can leave a message on my blog or email me at glenbekkayla@hotmail.com

Once I have enough answers I summarise the responses and post them.

Thankyou
Bek

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, let me see. I felt that I needed older women around me (literally) to visit and encourage and learn off. That is waht I lacked.

I felt that mother's with school aged kids had forgotten how hard it was with babies and expected me to pick up and continue as normal. But as you know, it's not so easy getting about with Little Ones.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know....

candy said...

I always feel like there could always be more support from the Church in many areas...in helping new moms, new brides, the sick, people moving, people going thru operations etc.
I also firmly believe that we desperately need the older ladies of the church to be Titus 2 mentors and that maybe they should have a list of these women to call or meet with and they can volunteer their time in talking with and spending time with new moms/new brides to answer questions, be a friend, teach how to manage the home and life and all that.
Theres always need for someone reaching out and encouraging especially encouraging new moms that they dont have to have a perfect house and they can show new moms how to just focus on the basics and not be so hard on themselves.
Thats my thoughts anyway :)
Hugs
Candy
I think if you have a heart for this type of ministry then you should look into it and do it. Why not! People would LOVE the help and encouragement and we really do need more mentors and examples and one can never have too many friends so I think its a wonderful idea.